Bali Wedding for Dutch Nationality
Following to my earlier article about a legal wedding in Bali for Italian Nationality couples,this time I will explain the other legal Bali Wedding details for Dutch National couples.
As you may know that for all foreigners wish to have a legal wedding in Bali, you will need to process CNI (Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage) at your Consulate/Embassy in Bali/Indonesia before ceremony so the Civil Office in Bali will be able to issue your legal wedding certificate.
It will be the same for Dutch Nationality couples but before Netherlands Consulate/Embassy in Bali/Indonesia to issue this CNI, you will need to provide the following documents:
- Single status letter from your local Civil Registrar in Netherlands issued less than 3 months
- Birth certificate issued less than 3 months
- Original divorced certificate if you have been married before
Further documents required by our Civil Office are as follows :
- Copy Passports of Bride and Groom
- Copy Passports of 2 witnesses. (If you do not have any witnesses, HappyBaliWedding.com will provide them for you)
- Fill in the Legal Wedding Form provided
- Eight (8) photographs (6 x 4 cm) of the couple in same photo. Photo must be of the head and shoulders only, side by side, looking straight ahead. (Be advised that these photos will be attached to your wedding certificate)
All documents should be translated to Bahasa Indonesia. You may arrange it yourself or standard service to translate Dutch to Bahasa Indonesia in Bali start from Rp 450,000 per page.
As per my article today, CNI Fee at Netherlands Consulate Bali is Euro 30.00 which will be paid directly to Consulate in Rupiah based on their exchange rate when CNI is processed.
To get started, you can scan and email the documents to your wedding planner and you should bring all original documents with you. Your wedding planner will arrange the appointment at your Consulate in Bali if required and will escort you there when you arrive in Bali. If all documents are in order, the process of CNI will take about 30 minutes.
To make your Bali Wedding recognize and legal in Indonesia, Netherlands and Worldwide, the wedding certificate should be legalized by Indonesian Foreign Affairs Ministry, Indonesian Justice & Law Ministry and Netherlands Embassy in Jakarta.
You may arrange this process directly with Netherlands Consulate/Embassy or you may ask your wedding planner to help you. Standard agent service would start from Rp3,000,000 plus postal fee to your home in Netherlands and the process may take about 4 weeks.
For more details, you may contact Netherlands Embassy directly.
Should you have any further questions, please feel free to email us at :
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Happy Bali Wedding